Legal tech solutions make managing a law firm easier and uncomplicated. If you are running a law firm, you are keenly aware of the many tasks you have to deal with and monitor such as client matters, docketing, timekeeping, reporting, billing, and more. But what if there was a software that could put all these functions together? A platform that could help lawyers manage the complexity of their growing business while still being easy to use? The good news is that this solution actually exists.
Case management software is an integral tool that puts together the basic and essential tasks necessary for managing law firms. It offers features that help law firms run day-to-day work processes within their law practice. This type of legal software helps manage a law firm’s matters, contacts, calendars, documents, e-mails, timekeeping, billing, reporting, and more.
Case management software also lets you store all of your law firm’s data in one secure location. It enables a collaborative working environment wherein everyone has better access to information, and enables better coordination covering a wider range of tasks. Everyone in your law firm will always have access to the most updated case details at all times, which saves a lot of time and increases your firm’s productivity.
With the right technology, repetitive and complex administrative tasks can be accomplished more efficiently while eliminating errors and ultimately improving overall profitability. When choosing the best case management software for your law firm, it is important to check if it offers the following features:
1. Matter Management - Enables law firms to stay organized and access the information related to their matters, anytime and anywhere. It helps track all matter-related details, final documents and correspondence, events, contact information, case notes, accounting splits, co-counsel, and time.
2. Calendaring - Helps law firms stay on top of important dates by tracking events and deadlines. It also helps calculate dockets by integrating with a leading cloud based court rules platform such as CalendarRules.
3. Contact Management - Lets law firms manage all clients and contacts and associate them with matters, events, deadlines, documents, etc.
4. Timekeeping - Allows law firms to record the time, billing rates, and resources associated with each matter.
5. Reporting - Helps firms keep track of important trends and details across matters. A firm should be able to create custom reports using a SQL report builder.
6. Mail Log - Enables firms to log incoming and outgoing mail, documents, and correspondence. It also helps them find the most essential and current documents quickly.
7. Account Management - Helps manage company information, users, roles, integrations, data properties, notifications, privacy and security.
8. User Controls - Enables law firms to set reminders, customize data properties, integrate calendars, and enable multi-factor authentication.
Putting all these functions together on a single platform will help law firms get rid of the need for repetitive input and helps eliminate costly errors within their practice. However, it’s important to choose a case management software that really does what you need it to do – and can grow and evolve with your practice.
Clarra provides cloud-based legal practice management software that helps law firms to efficiently manage complex litigation, eliminate errors, and stay on top of their growing roster of clients. Clarra is the single source of truth for everything associated with a law firm’s matters. Delivered as a cloud-based application, Clarra’s case management software also reduces the expenses associated with managing and maintaining your own IT infrastructure.
If you want to see if Clarra is a good fit with your law firm, contact us to schedule a demo.